Egypt (2:50')
(video: Rosa Menkman, music: Extraboy)
Extraboy send me the music and when I listened it, I could only think of moving blobs that never evolved nor be seperated from eachother. Only when the more recognizable high pitched sounds and subdued thunder became part of the horizon, things seemed to go somewhere. But the horizon stayed a boundary in spacetime, an area smudged by black holes, through which events could never reach the outside observer.
Light emitted from inside the horizon seemed to never fully reach the observer, and anything that passed through the horizon from the observer's side disappeared.
I was never completely sure where the movements took me... Sideways? Upwards? Forwards? Or was it movement towards degrading?


The video is constructed from moving lines smudged by compression artifacts.

No comments: